If you are getting a Something went wrong message, it means that the verification of your card failed. There might be a few reasons why you cannot verify your bank card. Please, verify:
- You are using your card, it has your name listed as a cardholder;
- You are entering the correct card information: number, cardholder name, CVV code, and expiry date.
- You are not using a credit card to make a purchase. Many banks do not work with crypto, considering it as risky operations, and refuse to conduct such transactions.
- Your card authorizes international internet payments.
- Your card supports 3D Secure 2.0. From January 1, 2021, all banking systems have to migrate from 3D Secure 1.0 to 3D Secure 2.0, the new authentication protocol for online card payments, which was designed to improve the previous one by addressing the old protocol’s pain points and delivering a much smoother and integrated user experience. Some users still cannot buy a cryptocurrency with their bank cards because not all banking systems have made the migration.
If your card doesn’t satisfy all the listed criteria, or you are still facing any issue, we recommend you try completing a purchase with another bank card.
If you want to unlink a bank card from your account, please reach out to our support.