While the Wallet is protected by a sophisticated bank-level security system and funds are fully insured, you can still take a few steps to enhance the security of your account.
1. Turn-on 2FA
We strongly recommend using 2-step verification to prevent exposure to certain types of security risks, such as password breaches on other websites.
2. Setting up a strong password
When setting your Wallet password, keep in mind the following tips to make it truly unbreakable:
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and other symbols (ASCII Standard). Superscripts and superscript characters are not supported.
- Avoid using simple phrases like "name123" or repeating old passwords. Also, don't repeat passwords used in other services.
- The longer the password, the more reliable it is. We recommend that you create a password of at least eight characters.
- A secure password should include special characters, numbers, punctuation marks, and capital letters.
- Do not use passwords that are easy to guess. Someone with access to your personal information could easily guess it.
- Do not create a password based on information that may be known to others and that is easy to find. Examples: your nickname or initials; the name of your child or pet; birthdays or other important dates for you; the name of your street; or numbers of your address.
- Do not use simple words, phrases, or character sets that are easy to find. Avoid words like "password" or "mypass", as well as natural sequences, such as "ABCD" or "1234".
- Do not share your password with anyone.
- If you need to write down passwords, do not leave them in a public place, such as a table or monitor. Keep these notes in places known only by you or protected by a lock.
- Hard to remember all your passwords? Use a password manager. For example, Google allows you to save your passwords.
3. General rules
- Change your password regularly (once every 3 months at least).
- Do not forward SMS OTP codes to anyone.
- Company employees never ask for your codes and passwords.
- Company employees never ask for remuneration for solving a problem.
- If you will get any suspicious messages from another user, we suggest you block and report them. If possible, let us and the community know about this kind of situations.
- Ensure that your Internet connection is secure. Avoid connecting to public Wi-Fi networks and other shared connections as it exposes you to a higher risk of attackers intercepting your data.
- Put a lock on your phone. There’s a big chance that you use your phone for other sensitive applications. That said, it's important to keep your phone protected. Whether it’s via password or fingerprint, any additional layer of security makes a difference.
4. Wallet web-version
- Always double-check the domain you're surfing in the address bar. Make sure you're on https://choise.com/ to prevent any phishing attacks. You can install some anti-phishing extension for your web browser.
- Never install any browser plugins that claim to be associated with Choise.com.
- Check the emails you receive and the websites you log in to. Many successful attacks involve phishing websites and forms that look like exact replicas of the websites you typically navigate.
5. Social media
In our community, another type of fraud is more widespread: scammers and fake accounts in social media. We have to deal with fakes mainly in Telegram. Some users might get strange private messages from so-called Choise.com representatives after joining official telegram chat. We regularly delete and report fakes but it is not enough because some scammers send direct messages to our users.
- Scammers sometimes just change one letter or simply replace the same letter with the capital letter – L instead of l for instance. The account name is the one that cannot be mirrored so always pay attention to it. You can find the list of our approved admins in the pinned message in our official Telegram chat.
- Remember, our admins will never text you without prior notice, they will never invite you to any private sale’s and they certainly will never provide any services. None of the employees will ever ask you for money, BTC, ETH or any other form of currency. You should not transfer any amount of it to anyone claiming to be, or appearing to be a support. Under no circumstances should you disclose ANY of your personal data publicly in this chat or to other users.
- If you will get any suspicious messages from another user, we suggest you block and report them. If possible, let us and the community know about this kind of situations and address all your issues and concerns to the support personnel via PM. It is always best to forward support concerns to email@example.com.
Dear community members! Follow our tips and be very careful. Safety should always be at the top of your priorities. We promise to block all fakes and anyone that will bother you in the official chat and/or our other social media pages.
Follow us on the official social media pages and avoid interaction with other fraud accounts. Stay tuned to get our latest news and updates!
Website - https://choise.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/crypterium
Telegram chat - https://t.me/crypterium
Telegram news channel - https://t.me/crypterium_en
Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/crypterium_com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/crypterium.org/
Medium - https://medium.com/crypterium
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/crypterium_com
Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/Crypterium
If you believe you've encountered a page designed to imitate the official website or social web pages in an attempt to steal users' personal information or mislead them or you've been contacted by so-called representatives, please complete the form by the link to report it to the team.
In case of any suspicion that your account credentials are compromised, contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org or via in-app chat.